Thursday, July 12, 2012

CountryChess

Geert Maeckelbergh, a Belgium computer chess enthusiast, runs an interesting chess engine tournament called CountryChess.

From Geert's front page:

In the first stage, chess engines of the same country will play a double round-robin tournament. The winner of each country competition meets other country winners in qualification matches or in the Champions League, according to its place on the country ranking list. Top ranked countries will be represented by 2, 3 or even 4 engines in the Champions League.

About me:
My name is Geert. I live in Belgium and I am visually impaired. I prefer to update an easy blog, friendly for a blind user. My goal is to organize tournaments and to share the games and results. I don't like wasting time on unaccessible webdesign programs. So don't expect a perfect lay-out; since my brail display is able to read the texts, you'll probably have no troubles to read them as well :-).

My English is not perfect at all. If you see language errors or other mistakes, don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.

Enjoy!


Geert also posts results from time to time at the Tournaments and Matches subforum at TalkChess.

Thanks, Geert, for sharing your matches with the community.